Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guru devo bhav!

Here goes my first post to my Guru and grandfather,Pt.B.N.Kshirsagar,
whom we all called 'Dada'.In Music circle,family,relatives,students and grandchildrenhe was fondly called by this name.

In my early childhood I never realized that what a Doyen of Hindustani music he was.He was
always caring,loving and busy to make us feel happy with our childish demands.....Taking us to a
walk with hidden promises of jalebi,milkshake,omelet........and what not!!
By the age of seven-eight I started learning music from him......and serious learning started 5-6 years later this.
those were the very beautiful days.....wish they could come back!!
He introduced me with several ragas first,teaching chhota khayal,simple Bandishes,aalap and later on
 we moved to deep raagdari. His way of teaching was very fantastic......had a magical skill to make tough things simpler,knowing students limits of learning,always ready to make changes according to students capacity are few of them.Students who learnt once from him never went to another teacher.

As I write here about him here I realise it's not possible for me to portray him fully.he possessed so many rare qualities nowadays we don't get to see.Feel myself blessed to have him as a guru,grandfather and a wonderful person in my life,who,in many ways shaped my personality.

Dada! I love and miss you a lot! Not a single day goes without remembering you in one or another way. Wish to learn Yaman's 'Mora man bandh leeno'just one more time from you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment